Hario V60 Brew Guide
22g of medium ground coffee (or about 3x1tbsp coffee scoops )
350g of water just off boil (~200-205F | 1.5 cups or 12 fl oz)
A spoon or stirring implement
- Fold over seams on the #02 cone filter and place into the Hario V60.
- Rinse filter with hot water, discard water.
- Place 22g of fine-to-medium ground coffee (~3 scoops) in bottom of filter. Shake to create a flat coffee bed surface.
- Start a timer. Begin to pour a small amount of water onto the coffee bed, about 40-50g.. In under 10 seconds, stir the coffee bed vigorously with the spoon to ensure even saturation.
- After about 30 seconds, begin to pour approximately 100g of water over the coffee bed in a slow spiral manner. Make sure all of the grounds are saturated and off the sides of the filter. You’ll know that you did Step 4 well if there are no bubbles in the slurry.
- Pour in a spiral motion at a slow and steady rate until you reach your target brew weight, being sure to wash the coffee on the sides of the filter back into the slurry.
- Wait for the coffee to finish dripping, remove filter, enjoy!
The V60 should brew from start to finish in about 2:30-3:00. You can make adjustments to grind size or coffee throw weight to suite personal tastes.