Nobletree Coffee in a Drip Coffee Maker
A drip coffee maker is one of the easiest ways to make coffee. A drip coffee maker requires less precision than other brew methods. Although we still recommend measuring the proper amount of coffee to water ratio, some variation is OK, and you will still end up with a great pot of coffee. With a drip coffee maker, all you have to do is add water to the reservoir and coffee grounds to the filter and press a button. The coffee maker will take care of the rest, brewing a nice cup of coffee every time.
Drip coffee makers are also very affordable, making them a great option for budget-minded coffee drinkers. Prices start as low as $20, and many models are available to suit every need and budget.
What you need to get started
When brewing coffee in a drip coffee maker, there are a few things you need to get started.
- Your preferred coffee maker
- Filtered water
- Coffee filters – you can use a paper filter, or depending on your coffee maker model, you may get a fine mesh reusable coffee filter.
- Your favorite Nobletree Coffee – We love brewing our Dois Americanos line of coffee in our drip coffee maker
How to use a drip coffee maker
- We recommend using cold, filtered water for the best results when brewing coffee. You can run tap water through a simple water filter, you can use bottled water, or the water dispenser on your fridge. Fill the coffee maker’s reservoir to the appropriate level depending on the desired number of cups. It’s important to note how many cups you’d like to make, so you know how much coffee to add.
- Weigh or measure the amount of Nobletree coffee for your desired number of cups. Use more or less coffee — depending on your preferred coffee strength. For making 6 cups, we recommend 10 tablespoons or ~ 60 grams of coffee. For making 8 cups, we believe 14 tablespoons or ~80 grams of coffee is a good starting point. We recommend a medium grind if using whole beans.
- Add a paper filter, or your reusable filter, to the brew basket. Next, we recommend rinsing with hot or warm water from the sink or a kettle. If using a paper filter, this rinse helps to remove the paper taste. This step also helps to warm the brewer and carafe. Just make sure to empty the carafe of the rinse water before starting the brew cycle.
- Pour the ground Nobletree specialty coffee into the filter and gently shake to settle the grounds into an even layer. Place the carafe under the drip head.
- Press the ON button to initiate brewing. The brewing process should take 5 – 6 minutes for 6 cups and about 6 – 7 minutes for 8 cups. Depending on your model of coffee maker, there may be additional options, such as a strength selector. We recommend keeping this at the default because we can tailor the taste of the coffee by changing the grind size if using whole beans and the coffee to water ratio.
- Enjoy your fresh cup of Nobletree Coffee! Note how the coffee tastes and if it suits your liking. If the coffee is too bitter, you can always select a coarser grind or use a little less coffee to water. If the cup is a little sour, you can choose a finer grind for the next brew.
Brewing Nobletree Coffee in a Drip Coffee Maker
Brewing in a drip coffee maker is a very easy method of brewing large amounts of coffee. Perfecting this method is a surefire way to be the hero of the office, especially when selecting and brewing any one of the exceptional roasts Nobletee has to offer. Check out our full line of specialty and premium coffee today!