Drip Coffee Brew Guide
Use cold, filtered water to fill the reservoir to the appropriate level depending on the desired number of cups. Simply fill your coffee maker’s reservoir to the water level noting how many cups you’d like to make.
- Weigh or measure the amount of whole bean coffee for the desired number of cups. Use more or less coffee — depending on your preferred coffee strength.
- For making 6 cups, we recommend 10 tablespoons or ~ 60 grams of coffee.
- For making 8 cups, we believe 14 tablespoons or ~80 grams of coffee is a good starting point.
- Add the paper filter to the brew basket and rinse with hot or warm water from the sink or a kettle to remove the paper taste and warm the brewer and carafe. *Make sure to empty the carafe of rinse water before starting the brew cycle.
- Pour the ground coffee into the filter and gently shake to settle the grounds into an even layer. Place the carafe under the drip head.
- Press the ON button to initiate brewing. The brewing process should take 5 – 6 minutes for 6 cups, and about 6 – 7 minutes for 8 cups.
Serve immediately so grab your favorite mug, serve, and enjoy!